What is Child Chiropractic Care?
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Children
The primary objective of chiropractic care is to correct the structural, and functional problems that cause pain, disability, and restricted range of motion. Many children with chronic pain, developmental delays, and other conditions are not getting appropriate care because they are not showing any signs of pain or discomfort. However, there are many benefits of chiropractic care for children, and if you have a child in need of care, it is important that you explore the benefits of chiropractic care for your child.
Childhood is an exciting and challenging time for most children. The world is their oyster, and they explore it with boundless energy and enthusiasm. Unfortunately, this period of life also brings about many common health issues, including common childhood maladies such as headaches, earaches and upper respiratory infections.
Reduced back pain
Back pain is one of the most common health issues experienced by children and adolescents. In fact, one third of all children experience back pain by the time they are seven years old. And for most of them, the pain will persist for at least an extended period of time.
Chiropractic care has been found to be an effective treatment option for back pain in children. With chiropractic care, the subluxation is corrected, the nerve roots and spinal cord are protected, and the nervous system is re-aligned.
It is a fact that children are prone to fall more than adults. Falling is a common cause of shock and even death, but it doesn’t have to be. Chiropractic care can help reduce the risk of falling because it corrects the mechanical and structural problems that lead to poor balance. It also improves the function of the proprioceptive system, which is involved in balance.
Proper posture is extremely important for good health. It allows for efficient body use and better digestion, as well as proper joint function. Many childhood health conditions lead to poor posture because they can cause pain and spasms in muscles. Chiropractic care can improve posture by reducing the pain and spasms and by correcting the mechanical and structural problems that are the cause of poor posture.
Reduced muscle spasms
Muscle spasms are very common in children, especially those with health conditions that cause pain. Muscle spasms can be relieved with medication, but many children will experience a return of their spasms after the medication wears off.
With chiropractic care, the nervous system remains un-disrupted, the muscles are protected from further injury, and the spasms are prevented from returning. In some cases, muscle spasms can be completely eliminated.
Chiropractic care helps correct mechanical and structural problems that lead to digestive issues, such as digestive cramping, diarrhea, and bloating. It also protects the digestive system from further injury by protecting the splanchnic and jejunum from compression. Lastly, it improves the function of the nervous system, which is vital for proper digestion.
Other benefits of chiropractic care for children
There are many benefits of chiropractic care for children, and it is important that if you have a child who is suffering from pain and dysfunction, that you explore these benefits to determine if they are a benefit for your child.
- Impaired growth and development
– Medical conditions and medications can affect growth and development, causing growth or motor delays, or even negatively affecting your child’s cognitive development.
- Chronic Pain
- Pain can negatively impact your child’s mood, concentration, and ability to participate in activities, as well as negatively impact their sleep and daily routine.
- Posture and function
– Correcting mechanical and structural problems that are causing poor posture and function can help your child improve posture and get back to activities that they previously enjoyed.
- Nerve protection
– Correcting mechanical and structural problems that are leading to nerve compression and injury can help protect your child’s nerves from further injury.
- Back pain
– Correcting mechanical and structural problems that are causing back pain can help reduce the pain your child is experiencing.
– Improving the function of the nervous system through chiropractic care can help improve posture, allowing your child to stand, sit, and walk more comfortably.